CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

domingo, 8 de fevereiro de 2009

[Jane Austen] Quotes

“If you were to give me forty such men, I never could be so happy as you. Till I have your disposition, your goodness, I never can have your happiness. No, no, let me shift for myself; and, perhaps, if I have very good luck, I may meet with another Mr. Collins in time.”
Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
.
(Tr. Mesmo que me arranjassem quarenta desses homens, nunca seria tão feliz como tu. Para ter a tua felicidade, teria de ter também o teu temperamento e a tua bondade. Não, não, deixa-me entregue ao meu próprio destino; e quem sabe se, com um pouco de sorte, não me aparecerá um dia outro Sr. Collins pela frente.)

1 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

I love Jane Austen, this excerpt is from episode 6 (Pride & Prejudice, BBC, 1995)